Sunday, December 14, 2008

How to Make Money Making People Feel Good!

I have a story to tell you. This made my whole Christmas season perfect.

A friend of mine and I just helped a group that works with adults with learning disabilities. A year ago they started a project called Stories of Resilience. Each member of the group had to write a story about what they were going to do for the next year to grow. Their Christmas party was last week.

At the party before dinner each member got up and told their story. Prior to the party Darlene and I helped them create 3 panel cards with each persons story as they wrote it including pictures. After dinner Mary Jane Beach the team leader passed out big white envelopes with letters of congratulations and a card about that person. When the envelopes were opened it was like a thousand lights in their eyes. They glowed. Some of the parents were in tears. I can't tell you how good that made us feel knowing we had a part in the joy of these folks.


I hope you all have a Happy Healthy Holiday season.

Bill

http://www.fungreetingcards.net/

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Beautiful story - that's really what Send Out Cards is all about isn't it? I have loved using it and these types of stories keep piling up!
D.N

December 15, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home